Afraid to be Muslim?

Afraid to be Muslim?
Why Must We have to hide?

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Public School, Private School, or Home School

Now, Now!!! I know I haven't been on here in a while... But let me explain. To those who have decided to follow, and those who do not follow. I want you all to know I apologize for not regularly posting! :)

The subject I would like to discuss is schooling. This is a big deal to me because the children are our future and we cannot simply place them anywhere. speaking from personal experience, I know that Public school is a place where you meet many different people from different backgrounds. Some peoples parents are more wealthy than others. Some homes are more stable than others. So it is more likely to come across some corrupt people in the public school system. In private school(Depending on where you go). People may be rich, or poor, or very religious. Some people put their children in private school in order to reduce their childs encounters with crazy people or bad education. Then, there is homeschool. Some people choose this route in order to reduce the chance of any mess all together...

My personal opinion, based off of personal experience. Public school is a situation where you must enforce strictly at home in order for your children to be able to oversee the social challenges. The same with private school. Anytime you take a bunch of unruly, "corrupt" or unstable people and mix them with people who have pure intentions. It is very likely that you will come across some confusion. The only reason why people simply reject home school all together is because they worry about their children socially. I disagree with that too. If your child is naturally gregarious, home school will not impede their ability to make friends. Two of my closest friends have been home schooled. And they never come off to me as odd or socially or developmentally delayed. The only reason I would not put my children in private school is because of the lack of opportunity there may be in the extra curricular area. The only reason I would not put my child in a public school is because there are certain teaching styles and methods I do not agree with. Along with what is written in the text books.
I myself went to private and public school, and I can say that I never know what I would do when I have children of my own...

No comments: